The Young Leaders’ Scheme is just one of the exciting programme elements in the Explorer Scout section.
All Young leaders in the Beaver Scout, Cub Scout and Scout Section who are between the ages of 14 and 18 must be members of an Explorer Scout Young Leaders’ Unit. They are Explorer Scouts who choose to devote a large proportion of their time in Scouting to service in another section.
|A Young Leaders’ Badge should be awarded after completing Module A.
This badge signifies that a Young Leader has completed their basic training.
|A mission strip should be presented after completing each mission,
these are placed around the module A badge
|A Young Leader belt buckle should be awarded on completion of the entire scheme
(completion of ALL training modules and missions).
|The Young Leader Service Award can be worn on the adult uniform to
recognise a person’s completion of the Young Leaders’ Scheme.
The Young Leader certificate should be presented when the Young Leader completes the whole scheme. The back of the certificate can be used to record which modules and missions the Young Leader has completed.
YOUNG LEADER LOGBOOK – ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
The complete guide to being a Young Leader, this logbook for young people explains what to expect during training and in the role itself. As well as tips from other Young Leaders, it outlines the opportunities, skills and rewards for taking part in the scheme.
- Pocket size
- 28 pages full colour
- Everything in one place
- Full contact details MUST be provided to the Section Leader and updated when necessary.
- Young Leaders will be required to behave appropriately at all time and encourage others too.
- Lead by example
- Actively engage with and be part of the leadership team of the section working within.
- Help deliver and develop the programme
- Work towards the badges and awards
- Be trustworthy
- To be approachable with a willing attitude.
- Be able to speak with Adult Leaders with confidence.
Young Leaders Information
- Module A training is mandatory before entering a section as a Young Leader.
- The District is responsible for Explorer Scout provision, which includes Young Leader Units.
- Young Leaders should wear an Explorer Scout shirt or polo and knecker at meetings and events (Section Leaders should encourage this).
- Young Leaders must be registered in the Young Leaders scheme as soon as is practicable by contacting the Young Leader Team and having sought GSL and Explorer Scout Commissioner (ESC) approval.
- Contact with Young Leader Team can be made via the Section Leader, Facebook Group or Email. (Youngleaders@morayscouts.org.uk)